Searching for envelop generator/LFO modules for my Wave Mangler System, I ran across the Pip Slope, by ALM/Busy Circuits.
‘Pip Slope’ is an envelope generator. It supports both Attack/Decay and Attack/Sustain/Decay type functions with both direct and voltage control of Attack and Decay times. Envelopes can be automatically looped and the function curve type changed between exponential and linear.
I added four Pip Slopes to my system. They sit next to the Verbos Pan & Scan and serve quite well in a typical use as envelop generators for final output levels. I made some notes while checking them out.
- Holding the blue button for two seconds switches the shape from linear to exponential.
- The shape and cycling modes are saved across power cycles.
- Exponential shape is not like a traditional envelope generator. The attack is concave in shape instead of convex. The decay is concave.
- These make nice LFOs, but not great at audio frequencies.
- Try patching to the trigger input while cycling for complex reset effects.