From the Synthtech website:
The MOTM-485 is a recreation of the Yamaha GX-1 LP/HP filter.
The GX-1 was a massive organ/synth hybrid, costing over $60,000 in the late ’70s. The best example is the ELP song Pirates, but was also used by Stevie Wonder and Led Zepplin..
The actual GX-1 used a pair of these filters to form a bandpass response (the same method used in the MS-20 and the CS-80). There is a HP filter set to “half tracking” followed by a LP at “full” tracking. However, you can still use a single MOTM-485 as yet another distinct tone in your setup.
- Faithfully captures the unique GX-1 timbre
- 2 audio inputs
- Voltage-controlled resonance
- Switchable HP/LP response
- Switchable half/full tracking of the 1V/Oct input
- Fully temperature compensated using TEMPCO resistor and matched pairs
- Not a clean filter: has higher distortion than other MOTM filters